Saturday, February 4, 2012

2000AD is 35 years young today!

My favourite thrill power mag is 35 years old today!

2000AD, along with Scream!, were my first steps in to the grown-up comic world after I graduated from Buster and Whizzer & Chips. At the time I didn't realise how much writers and artists like Alan Moore, Pat Mills, John Wagner, Carlos Ezquerra, Dave Gibbons, Grant Morrison, Bryan Talbot, Brian Bolland and Simon Bisley would have on me. In fact, I'd like to think my middle-aged mohican is an homage to Rogue Trooper!

I still have a pristine issue 3 (sadly missing the red alert wallet) stored away in mylar.

4 comments:

  1. I've stll got issue 1. But wait for it... Which I coloured in with felt tips!

    Thanks for the post about starwarsage9 by the way ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :O That's like drawing a 'tache on the Mona Lisa!

      I love the Star Wars stuff - it's ace!

      Delete
  2. If I ever become famous - it'll worth even more!

    ReplyDelete