Thursday, April 12, 2012

Fancy Pants!

2000AD Prog 1778 is out today – featuring the continuing trials and tribulations of The Zaucer of Zilk. You can check out my flats here.

There's a great Director's commentary for ZoZ from Al and Bren over at Forbidden Planet.
"Just over a year ago, Brendan sent me an email regarding a possible new series for 2000AD. We’d worked together before on a couple of Dredds, where he’d come up with the plots and I’d done the scripts, and while my stuff was a bit ‘wordy’ – I have a habit of erring on the side of dense, ‘old-school’ verbiage, which isn’t always the right way to go – he obviously liked the way I extrapolated on his ideas enough to bring me in. This time, he was after – I quote – “a new, wacky, totally surreal “Sooner or Later/Hewligan’s Haircut’ type of strip called THE ZAUCER OF ZILK… It will mix the surrealism of 60′s Dr Strange with a ‘Lord of The Rings’ imaginative scope. And with a bit of The Mighty Boosh in there too.”

No comments:

Post a Comment